Monday 14 March 2011

Because Boys Like Color Too!

This will be my second entry for the Lil Blue Boo/Dharma Trading Co Design Contest, lilblueboo.com. I decided to step away from butterflies for a little while when I made this outfit for my son Jasper, and chose wolves. It is important to me to incorporate my culture in my sewing, as well as my individuality. I love color! I feel alive when I am surrounded by many different colors, and shades.

The pants have a flat front waist (using the tutorial Dana Made It), with black knee pads that I have silk screened (again using the contact paper tutorial from Lil Blue Boo) yellow wolf heads onto. When I first silk screened them, I used blue ink, which didn't turn up. Of course. When I decided to use yellow, I went over the blue, which created a cool shadowing effect! I love making mistakes and finding a way to work with it!
The pants are upcycled from a pair of pants I found in a free bin. They are cotton with a bit of spandex, so they are super stretchy and comfy.

Continuing with the wolf theme, I chose to silk screen two wolf heads onto this colorful hoodie that I made from an upcycled t-shirt and this bright sweat fabric that was given to me from my mother in law. 

Jasper is so cute! Like me, he is not comfortable being in the spotlight, so most of the pictures he stood in one spot.

Cute dimples!


I wanted to get him moving, so this is what he did.

For more movement he decided to hop on his Skuut Bike.

Jasper loves his knew outfit, and keeps thanking me for making it for him! There is nothing more gratifying than making my kids happy!

I wanted something colorful, and comfortable for Jas to run, jump, kick and move in. The first thing he did when he put  on his new outfit was to do a power slide! Jasper has a Paper Jamz guitar and he loves to rock out. This is a great outfit for rocking out in.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...