Wednesday 9 March 2011

Wednesdays

Wednesdays are the days I have scheduled for drop in gymnastics, but the last three weeks on Wed the weather has prevented us from going.
I don't have a license...yet. I have my L, so when it's pouring rain, I don't want to walk to the bus stop and wait in the pouring rain, sit soaking wet on the bus for half an hour and then have to walk 20 minutes to get to gymnastics...in the rain, with three boys, and a huge bag full of food and water.
So this Wed I had it! I was not spending another day at home with my energetic brood. I took them swimming. It was awesome! Jai decided he wanted to teach Jasper how to swim. Jasper was a total water baby until he had one bad experience with a swimming instructor, so now he is petrified of the water. Jasper was totally okay with Jai teaching him though. Eventually Jas decided to put a life jacket on and was still a bit nervous, until he realized he was safe. Then he was kicking his legs and using his arms to get around, he even went in the whirly pool with Jai, which he doesn't even like to go in with Rob or me because he is too scared! It was so fantastic! Jai and Jasper played football, and were air, water, earth and fire bending (we just started watching Avatar the Last Airbender).
The whole time we were at the pool there was only one other little girl in the pool, so we pretty much had the pool to ourselves. What more could we ask for. It was great. Once the pool started to fill up with kids for lessons, including home schooling lessons (the reason I chose swimming in the first place), we left. It just was too overwhelming. If Jas and Jai were in lessons, I could have handled it, but it was just too much. The kids had there fill, hour and a half of swimming, so they were happy to go.
When we got home the sun was shining and the kids did some drawing on the sidewalk with chalk.
This picture was actually from a few days ago, but I didn't get a picture today.

On top of that I received a letter of acceptance into a craft fair I applied to be in. I have never applied for a juried craft fair (kind of intimidating!), but I was accepted!! That is super exciting for me!
All in all it was a good day, even if we didn't get to go to gymnastics;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...