Wednesday 20 April 2011

For Japan

I am part of the Vancouver Island Etsy Team, on Etsy (of course). VI Etsy for short. After the devastation that has occurred due to the earthquake in Japan, one of our team members put a Facebook page together to encourage our team members to donate items, or portions of their sales to Japan. The page is called What Can You Do to Help Japan. So far over $6000.00 has been donated! Which is incredible. The goal was initially $5000.00, but there has been so much enthusiasm and generosity that we have now raised the goal to $10,000.00. Please visit the page to view all the generous donations and to keep up to date as we approach our goal.

I'm not sure if it's having children, or that I am getting older, but I find that I am so much more sensitive to world disasters and how this affects the people who have to experience them. I think of how it would feel for me with my kids to have to lose everything. It's just too terrible. If there is anything I can do to help, even in the smallest way, then I want to make a contribution.

I decided to donate a custom made quilt. Which means that I will donate the entire amount of the quilt to Japan through Aidmatrix. The person who purchases the quilt will have the opportunity to choose the colors and a design for their quilt. A beautiful custom quilt as well as a generous donation to help a country in need. It's a win-win situation.

Here are a few examples of blankets and designs:

Big butterfly

Tree of Life

Whale

Flowers

Small butterfly

Bear prints

Hummingbird

There are many more pictures on my Facebook Page.

If you or someone you know is looking for a quilt, and would also like to make a generous donation to Japan, please contact me, and I will be happy to work with you to make a very special gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...