Thursday 23 June 2011

Our Garden is Growing-Update

I love our garden, and it's so exciting to watch it grow! Because I love my garden so much I want to share with you, so here is a picture tour of my garden.
Here is some kale that we had to buy, because we had critters eat all our seeds. This is one of six plants.

This is yellow squash next to the red leaf lettuce

and zucchini on the other side of the lettuce.

We bought a black current bush a couple of weeks ago

here are some of the currents growing.

We also bought a yellow rose bush, which is now getting some buds!!!!

Look at this beauty! We have one red strawberry almost ready to be picked!

And lots of white berries, which will hopefully be turning red soon.

One of our tomato plants finally starting to bloom.

Blueberries! 

And more blueberries.

My peas are so happy:)

A little pod. They grow so fast, it will probably be ready for eating tomorrow or the next day.

Look how big the red leaf lettuce is. Ready for salads.


Rob wanted flowers in our garden. I want food, but I like flowers too, so I let him get some.



A starburst squash

pumpkin

Dahlias. They are just so pretty.

Lupin, which I selected.

and pink dahlias

oregon grape

and hives from picking a few weeds.

My hay fever has prevented me from spending more time in the garden, and I am very tempted to dig up the grass and replace it with moss like this article suggests: Swap Out Your Lawn's Grass for Moss. Unfortunately it wouldn't make much of a difference for my hay fever as we have neighbors with large lots, that grow their grass out, and the wind blows it everywhere. I can't leave my house. It's really disappointing. This was not how I planned to spend the summer.

Oh well. It's still worth it to live away from the city. I just need to make a trip to the doctor to get help for my breathing. I can deal with the rest of the symptoms, but I need oxygen!

Hope you are all having a great week!













1 comment:

  1. oh no! i hope u feel better soon! i love your garden! flowers are such a great idea. we tried to plant marigolds, but those didn't come up. our first batch of sunflower seeds were eaten up by the birds. now they're growing but no flowers still. i love your dahlias!!!! happy harvesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...