Friday 10 June 2011

Wildlife Around My Parents House

I just had to share these pictures. My mom just sent them. They were taken by their neighbour last weekend:

We have plenty of these guys. They are so pretty and elegant looking



These two were right by my parent's house

This makes me so sad.

The bear is eating chicken from my parent's garbage, on their neighbours lawn



How cute and fluffy are these two? It makes me think of my guys for some reason. Heart warming.




As much as I enjoy living where we live and having nature around us, some of this nature, like the bear's, have no where else to go. One of the workers told me that 9 bears were killed last year because of this monstrous sub division that has gone up here in Sooke, and it is only getting bigger. It just devastates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...