Sunday 24 July 2011

Garbage Day

I've taken the last week off to focus on my family as well as take time to recover from the lack of sleep I had from staying up late sewing.

I started exercising again, and forgot how beneficial exercise is for me. I feel more energetic and positive when I am being physically active. Not that I'm not active with my boys, because they never stop moving, but it's different when the focus is on myself.

We went for a long walk with some of our friends late in the week. We met up at their place and then headed out. Maybe 20 ft from their house we saw this guy:



As you can see in the photos, it was garbage collection day, so the bear was feasting on the array of rubbish lined up on the side of the road.

We were all very excited, and a little nervous after such a close encounter. These poor bears are being chased out of their homes and have no where to go. Everyday there is a sighting of bears in our neighborhood. 

The rest of the day we had bear related activities, such as eating salmon berries on the way to the beach and eating a bear chocolate bar, neither of which were planned. 

I hope to be back on track with sewing this week as I have a few shows coming up that I need to prepare for. I hope you all are having a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...