Monday 26 March 2012

Sunshine, Birds Chirping..Let's get outside

Finally the sun came out this weekend. The birds were chirping, the sky was blue, and I didn't need to wear my parka to keep me warm!

We decided to explore the outdoors and visited Roche Cove as well as Sandcut beach this weekend.

They were both beautiful.

At Roche Cove we climbed up a rocky hill off the trail and found some mossy rocks to eat our snacks.

The climb up.


Mossy rocks for a comfy place to eat.

The closest I come to being in a picture. You can see my reflection in his beautiful eyes:)

The view.
Fungi.
Tree sap.
Jas checking out the sap.
We stopped at the Red Barn for groceries and another snack. My kids are serious about food!
The traffic on the way home because of construction. They love to rip Sooke Rd apart, so that there are continuously delays in and out of Sooke. It was only a 20 minute wait at least, and not an hour!
Jas was overheated from all that waiting.

 The next day we headed out to Sandcut Beach. I had heard about it from a friend, and had been wanting to check it out for a while.
Jas under the waterfall.

Making boats out of grapefruit rind and seaweed to float in the stream.

We climbed to the top of the waterfall, and this little face was too cute not to share!


Jude's set up.

A rope swing Rob bravely decided to try out. We didn't think it would hold him, but thankfully it did.

This is the path going down to the beach. I snapped this photo as we left, so I felt it was a great way to end this post.

We had a great weekend, and I hope you did as well.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful beautiful pictures!! i'm so glad the weather is so beautiful now that we can all take hiking trips outdoors! i love your picture of jude and his row of rocks. That is a great picture! You should print that out and frame it on the wall or something. Definitely a mantlepiece-worthy shot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...