Thursday 27 September 2012

Pole Raising Ceremony at Government House

It has now been over 2 weeks since we attended this ceremony, and I uploaded these pictures the day after, but haven't found the time to actually write the post. Life is so busy right now that I'm having a difficult time setting time aside to write posts:(

At this very moment my kids are causing chaos upstairs, when they should be quietly eating their snacks, so I am going to keep this short.

You can read about the ceremony here: Pole Raising Ceremony at Government House


That's my granny with the head dress on.

My mom

My aunt holding the paper. Going over the schedule.


Moi! Rob has a talent for capturing the most unflattering photos of me. This was the best of the bunch!

Waiting, and listening to the speeches.

More waiting. It was sooooo hot, and I was happy that no one brought my regalia. I was dripping sweat just from the thin shawl I was wearing.

The raising of the pole!

A lot of team work is required for this part.



There it is.

Time to dance

The ladies dance.

The fun dance.

The Lieutenant Governor and his wife. He is an amazing man. I was so grateful to hear his speech.

The beautiful blankets that were gifted. I have a black one. I can't decide what to do with it. It's too beautiful to use as a blanket, but I don't want it to sit in my closet either.

Okay! Deep breath. That is my short and sweet post. Sorry for the lack of details, but I think the article will do a better job of covering the event then I will at this point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...