Friday 12 October 2012

KCWC Day 5

Silly me! I thought today was the last day for KCWC, turns out it's a full week, so I have two more days to sew for my kiddos.

Last night I was tired, and struggling to come up with ideas. I finally settled on making slippers for my biggest guy. He was commenting on how cold his feet have been, and so I offered to make him slippers, which he was excited about. Well I didn't get around to it until last night.

The slippers are made from felted wool sweaters (recognize the tops from Jasper's cardigan. I will be making him a pair too, to match his cardigan) from the thrift store, and the soles are suede from a suit I also found at the thrift store.

I didn't have a pattern, so it did take quite a bit of fiddling around, once I figured it out, they were super easy to put together. I can't wait to make more for the rest of us!




Jai said he loves them, and they are awesome! What more can I ask for from an 11 year old?

Have a great day! We are off for a field trip to see the Raptors in Duncan. It's going to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...